STIMULATION OF SOFT TISSUE, WHICH CAN HELP WITH SWELLING DURING PREGNANCY
Our Pre/Post Natal Massage helps to soothe nerves and relieve strain on the back and leg muscles. Massage helps stimulate the soft tissue, which can help swelling during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy massage is especially beneficial in the second and third trimesters, which is when the extra weight tends to put a lot more train on your low back, sciatic nerve, and legs.
Our massage therapist will make sure your body gets the cushioning and support it needs with the use of pillows and special bolstering techniques. We know how to help specific pregnancy needs and are aware of the sensitive pressure points on the body.
Massage therapy can be integrated into your prenatal care, but it is important to talk to your health care provider before beginning any new therapeutic practice.
Other benefits of massages during and after pregnancy include:
- It relaxes muscles, boosts circulation, and reduces stress hormones.
- It provides emotional support, which can help during this transition into motherhood.
- It improves postpartum hormone balance; estrogen and progesterone hormone levels are very high during pregnancy and will only decrease after delivery.
- It increases circulation and lymphatic drainage, which helps assist in the removal of excess fluids and waste products.
- It eases fatigue and assists with regulating sleep patterns.
- It relaxes the body and increases circulation, which helps increase milk production.
Massage is one of the best ways to improve post-delivery recovery and health for many women. Again, you should consult with your physician if you have had any personal complications or concerns about beginning any new therapeutic practice. Give Attunement Massage a call at (925) 202-5311 if you have any further questions or would like to set up an appointment.
Benefits of Tui Na Massage
- Relaxes muscles
- Eases fatigue
- Improves postpartum hormone balance
- Relaxes the body and increases circulation